Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy i5=h8-1410
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Before I explain the issue:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03516272

-Started windows 8-Then updated to 8.1/10

I recently bought a new pair of headphones (Hyper X Cloud Stinger ) that required the 3.5mm 2 adapter to the front and or back of my Pc, when plugged in it did not show up on my pc or do anything for that matter. This confused me as beofre this I had a good working Headset known as the : Gioteck Ex-05 Wired (}

This headset as you can see has a usb, I'v noticed that when you plug the usb out you can't hear. (idk why that is but it probley helps identifing the issue}

Next I thought it was Driver issue so I tried redownloading and updating IDT audio but then it said it cant update as it didnt meat the right requirments.

I'm so confuzed why headsets don't work in the plugs ( I wasnt aware for the longest time becuase the Gioteck worked)

_Any thoughts, all help is appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you have not done so already, you might want to try the W10 IDT audio driver. Install and restart the PC.

The thing I don't know is if it will get either the front or rear ports to work.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

You may also want to create a restore point using the system restore utility before installing the above driver in case you want to revert back to the driver installed now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you have not done so already, you might want to try the W10 IDT audio driver. Install and restart the PC.

The thing I don't know is if it will get either the front or rear ports to work.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

You may also want to create a restore point using the system restore utility before installing the above driver in case you want to revert back to the driver installed now.

HP Recommended

It worked thanks so much, it only works in the jack in the back, in the front it doesnt work hahaha

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.