Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-ck074nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In settings when I connect my airpods, it does say they are connected for voice and music but when i play audio, it is played through the laptop's speakers instead. I contacted Apple and they said it was a problem with HP.  Please send ideas of what may fix it.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@_Kyle1,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your computer?
  • Have you tried connecting any other Bluetooth headphones and checked?
  • Have you tried changing the audio output device?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The model of the computer is a HP Pavilion. Here is the information from the HP detector on the website, in case you need those numbers. 

HP Pavilion - 15-ck074nr
Choose a different product
Serial number: **Bleep**
Product number: 4WJ77UA

-I don't have any other Bluetooth headphones so I'm not sure.

-I've changed it to a different pair of headphones and they have been working fine but they ARE wired.

-Before posting, I tried resetting the airpods and forgetting them on the laptop a few times but that didn't work. I also asked Apple about it and they said it was a problem on HP's end. 

Thank you
HP Recommended

@_Kyle1 On your PC, open the Settings app and choose Devices from the main menu. At the top of the Bluetooth & other devices page, click Add Bluetooth or other device. On the Add a device window, click Bluetooth.

Put your AirPods in their case and open the lid. Press and hold the button on the back of the case until you see the status light between your two AirPods start pulsing white, and then let go. Your AirPods should show up in the Add a device window. Click to pair and connect.

airpods-connect

Reconnecting once paired

After making the initial connection between your Windows 10 PC and your AirPods, you'll be able to reconnect your AirPods and your PC for listening to music, watching YouTube, video conferencing and so on by heading back to the Bluetooth & other devices page in Settings

You'll see all of your paired audio devices listed under the Audio header. Select your AirPods from the list and click the Connect button.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I appreciate you trying, but that didn't work. I've tried that a few times including today but they still did not connect. The laptop says "connected for music and voice" but the audio still plays out of the speakers.

HP Recommended

@_Kyle1 If none of that worked, I suggest you check if the airpods work on an alternate windows device, if that works while, this doesn't, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.