Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello, I just go a new HP Pavillion gaming PC and the HP 1000 Gaming Speakers, they both show up in my OMEN gaming hub.  

My issue is: when I turn the computer off and back on again the speakers also need to be turned off and on again (or unplugged from the USB and plugged back in) or they do not automatically turn on with the system for sound. What is the issue here and how can I fix it? It is a tad annoying to turn the speakers off and on or unplug and plug back in every time I restart my computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for the response. I did some trouble shooting because I had not went through my different options at the time.

In short, I plugged the speakers into my monitor and now they work upon startup after shutdown/restart.

Upon connecting other laptops or devices to the monitor the speakers work fluently without having to be turned on and off with different systems connected to the monitor on startup as well.

Side note I am using a Samsung  curved super ultra wide 49" - 3840 x 1080 @ 144 Hz

C49HG90DMN - CHG9 Series - QLED monitor

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JasonCariglia wrote:

... My issue is: when I turn the computer off and back on again the speakers also need to be turned off and on again (or unplugged from the USB and plugged back in) .....

@JasonCariglia 

You can't get automatically ON/OFF because the speakers use its own power supply, you have to turn on/off manually. Does your computer has AC out port at its back, if yes you can connect power source directly to the back of your computer (check wattage first).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for the response. I did some trouble shooting because I had not went through my different options at the time.

In short, I plugged the speakers into my monitor and now they work upon startup after shutdown/restart.

Upon connecting other laptops or devices to the monitor the speakers work fluently without having to be turned on and off with different systems connected to the monitor on startup as well.

Side note I am using a Samsung  curved super ultra wide 49" - 3840 x 1080 @ 144 Hz

HP Recommended

In short, I plugged the speakers into my monitor and now they work upon startup after shutdown/restart.

Side note I am using a Samsung  curved super ultra wide 49" - 3840 x 1080 @ 144 Hz

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.