Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP TouchSmart 610 and was forced to do a system restore. During the restore I lost power. With the help of a friend, I was I was able to get my system to start. When it did, I found that lost all my files and pictures and done of my audio or video components work anymore. I have run all the trouble shooter and they all say that there are no audio or video devices detected. My speakers, microphone and camera are all built in, so I can't understand why they are not being detected. They say the correct drivers are emplaced, but still know thing works. I'm in dire need of help I'm disabled, and my PC is my primary source of communication. Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem?

William German

w_german@live.com

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this audio driver from a newer model AIO PC with the same IDT audio system also works for your PC.

Restart the PC after installing the driver.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe 

What is the full model number or product number of your PC?

Use this guide to find that information. 

HP All-in-One Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number | HP® Customer Support

I need to see what model graphics adapter your PC comes with.

HP Recommended

I've tried doing a driver search more than a dozen times, I have even uninstalled and reinstalled a1/2 doz. times and nothing worked. I have run every trouble shooter that HP has on their HP assistant web site. I have run windows updates and windows repair more times than I can remember. Nothing I have tried has worked. I am out of ideas.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.