Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
TouchSmart 610-1150y
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Updated to Windows 10 several years ago, computer has worked flawlessly until very recent connection problems affecting my ability to work remotely via Citrix.  MS Tech Support did Windows 10 complete reinstall and update yesterday, and I now have NO AUDIO.  As my audio was working perfectly two days ago, I refuse to believe that this computer - which is otherwise in perfect condition - cannot now give me sound.  Any ideas?  I hate to have to purchase a new computer just because of a driver incompatibility issue.  Surely there is a solution????

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello
Try this:

IDT High Definition Audio Driver Update

6.10.6429.0 Rev. A18.7 MBNov 9, 2012Download

For the installation you must use the privileges, right click on the file, then install as administrator

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi, @catwoman48 

If the above driver that Prométhée posted doesn't work, this W10 IDT audio driver for newer model desktop PC's often works on older ones like yours.

Restart the PC after installing the driver.

VERSION: 6.10.6504.0     July 03, 2015

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks to the responders for their kindness!  I will keep those driver links in case I need them in the future.

After neither Microsoft nor HP could provide me with a solution, I.e., an audio driver that would work with my newly reinstalled Windows 10 to give me back sound on my aging desktop, I was not willing to give up.  A little more Googling located a solution in a 2015 Windows forum.  Worked like a charm!  No further problems with my computer.  Still going strong almost 8 years now!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/updated-to-windows-10-and-my-b...

HP Recommended

Thanks very much. IT WORKED, after struggling with this no sound problem for over a week every day.

This all started after resetting the computer and reinstalling Windows due to problems. The driver was removed and could not find one that worked.

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.