Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 24-k0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I recently purchased a new HP Pavillion "All-in-one" which is working really well and I'm very impressed with it.. Especially the B&O inbuilt speakers.

I'm having a problem though when using the computer to do conference calls on MS Teams. Whenever I'm unmuted the participants tell me there's an awful echo, so somehow what's coming out of the speakers is being broadcast over the mic. The only way around this is to be constantly muting / un-muting myself which is a pain.

My previous All-In-One didn't have this problem so I'd be grateful for any advice..

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Frontera2

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Step 1: Restart the computer
  • Step 2: Run the Audio Check in HP Support Assistant
  • Step 3: Use the troubleshooting tool in Windows
  • Step 4: Test external speakers or headphones
  • Step 5: Update the audio driver
  • Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04973149 to complete the troubleshooting steps. By the end of the article, you will be able to fix the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply but I don't think this has solved the issue? 

Just to be clear, the issue is when I'm using Teams - if I don't have my microphone muted, other participants in the call can hear themselves and get a really bad echo effect. So it looks like what's coming out of the speakers is being sent back into the chat via the Microphone if that makes sense? 

I could continuously mute and umute my microphone when on Teams calls but that's far from ideal. 

HP Recommended

@Frontera2

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same issue.

HP Support could not help to resolve it.

I do not have the problem with another device!

I already spoke with Microsoft Support!

Therefore, it seems to be a HP software or harware issue?

(I know that I can use a Headset but that is not how an All-In-One-Device should work.)

Kind regards

HP Recommended

@1LehaD

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, don't suppose you found any way to resolve this? It's making it really difficult to have Teams calls at the moment. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.