Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 750-114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have run all the driver updates, installed a new sound card. I thought since I had an integrated sound card that maybe the old one went bad. The one I installed was Creative Sound Blaster, Model SB 1570. The new sound card and the Realtek one appear in  Device Management and it says they are working but when I choose Sound settings from my sound icon

JLynnMo2_0-1629668043102.png, I have no audio output devices found.  I have online classes starting on Wednesday and I can't seem to find any help to my problem. I worked with Microsoft tech support and they couldn't find out how to fix this. I am wondering if there is a hardware problem with my computer. So frustrated and I am not that tech savvy with this.  Any help, please...

JLynnMo2_0-1629667723679.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I am assuming you plugged in a set of PC speakers in the light green audio out jack for either audio output?

The PC does not have an internal speaker.

If you installed a sound card, you should go into the BIOS and disable the onboard audio.

HP Recommended

Paul thank you for responding. How would I go about that? I will try Google to find the answer but if you have a step by step that would be great.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Are you referring how to disable the onboard Audio in the BIOS?

If so, this is generally how you do it.

Turn on or restart the PC.

Immediately start pressing/tapping the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select the F10 Setup option and press the Enter key.

Now you are in the BIOS configuration utility.

You'll have to look through the various options to see if there is a setting to disable the onboard audio.

There should be.

Normally the setting would be found in device configuration menu.

This is a typical layout of a HP decktop PC BIOS menu.

HP Desktop PCs - BIOS Setup Utility information and menu options | HP® Customer Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.