matth6288
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

No Audio Output Device Installed

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 600 G3 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. Bought a refurbished computer from Amazon and since unpacking it has shown a red circle with a white X over the sound icon on the desktop bar (bottom right corner of the screen).

Troubleshooting through windows leads to no results. I tried using the HP Support Assistant but it shows no speakers or microphones found. (Hardware problem detected)

Originally I was having this sound issue. I just had a 3rd party tech that HP sent out fix my computer after I tried troubleshooting the sound issue with HP online and they had me reset stuff which fried my motherboard. My motherboard is now fixed but the sound issue remains. He seems convinced it's something with the Conexant Audio Driver on my computer but I've uninstalled it and everything I can find on the internet to do to it and still no audio.

I can occassionally, like once per 3 days, plug in my speakers and they work, but if I restart my computer without unplugging, when it reboots the speakers aren't fixed and it cannot recognize them plugged in. They work just fine with 10/10 other devices.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation