cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

No Audio Output device installed

HP Recommended
15-ay041 touch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone. I am at a total loss as to what is going on with my computer. I am getting no sound what so ever. My computer randomly restarted last night and now I have no audio. I am getting an error  " No Audio Output device installed". I have ran the diagnotic tool and get the error that Realtek has a driver issue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing works. I keep getting a code 10 from Realtek. Does anyone have any advice? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 5
Level 5
212 212 15 38
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello ddifonzo001,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

Download and install the audio drivers using below links:

Software and Driver Downloads

Find and fix problems with devices and hardware

Find and fix problems playing sounds

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
* Click on "Purple Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to say thanks!

Regards
Ahmed
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation