Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-in-One 24-r0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I plugged in my Xbox 360 and Nintendo Switch to my all in one Pavilion through HDMI input and there is no sound coming from my computer. The video is perfectly fine but there just isn't any sound. I'm pretty sure that there are built in speakers because sound comes from my computer fine so I don't really know what's wrong. The model is a HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-r0xx. Thank you in advanced for any help.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Pengoi -- the HDMI cable is designed to carry both "video" and "audio".

Does your XBOX have a "setup" option for routing the audio output, namely to any external speakers directly-connected to the XBOX, or through the HDMI cable to the computer?

HP Recommended

I don't know of any audio setup for the Xbox 360 but when entering the Audio settings, there are 3 options. The three are Digital Output, Sound Effects, and Ratings Collection Sound. Going into Digital Output (which makes sense for the issue) has three options for outputting audio. Digital Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1, and Dolby Digital with WMA Pro. I believe that I've tried all of these options to no avail.

HP Recommended

@Pengoi -- try this search: xbox 360 audio output - Bing

for several good articles on how to get "audio output" from your XBOX.

HP Recommended

It seems that the only way to actually get audio from the Xbox 360 is to use external speakers. I only asked here to grasp at straws on using my all in one to display and hear with the game console. Thank you for your time.

HP Recommended

@Pengoi -- in this discussion forum, you can click on "Thumbs Up" for each helpful response, and also "Accept As Answer" for the response that was most helpful.

HP Recommended

@Pengoi -- Within the "Settings" app on Windows, search for the "Sound Settings" app, and open it.

There is one section for "Input". 

Within that section, there is a pull-down menu for various input devices.

Is there an option to connect to the audio-input coming through the HDMI cable?

It might not be listed under that name. 

So, try each of the options.

HP Recommended

The only input when going to those settings is the built in microphone in my PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.