Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Wave 600 a020xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After having been gone from my office for almost 3 months I made the mistake of restarting my computer after a Windows update on 6/17/20. It wiped out the drivers for my audio devices. I no longer have Sound, Video and Game controllers in the Device Manager. It isn't in the hidden devices. I have worked with HP virtual agent in BIOS. My system also passed the sound test in the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics test. HP downloaded another driver, it still doesn't work and still shows NO Audio Output Device is installed. I also had the driver for my Savin Printer wiped out at the same time. I had to begin using a different driver until Microsoft comes up with a fix. I need help to get the audio back. And remember, I have already tried all the suggestions given by the Virtual Agent. Thank you so much.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Did the virtual agent tell you to go to the sound company's (e.g. Realtek) website and download their driver package?

With their driver package you will be re-installing the sound portion of your system. Sometimes these things happen. I have to do that sound and video both in the past.

HP Recommended

I did download the Realteck drivers and still have no sound. They also had me do a lot of stuff in Bios. So far, nothing has helped. Thank you for responding.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.