Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Y4S07AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

No audio from s340c speakers. I get sound output from the headphone jack though. I have been all through the "sound" applet looking to see if anything wrong but don't see anything wrong). I see the green bars moving (when no headphones plugged in) but no sound from the speakers. The PC and monitor are now 8 months.

If I use a 3.5mm jack from my laptop to the audio in jack on the s340c, I get no audio either.

I assume that if I am getting sound out of the headphone jack but not the s340c speakers, then it would appear to be a hardware problem with the monitor itself, no? In that case, the monitor is under warranty.

Kevin

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@kevmeist

It has

Input connectors 1 DisplayPort™ 1.2 (with HDCP support)
1 HDMI 2.0 (with HDCP support)

How do you connect it, to or from where ? Do you use DP cable or HDMI 2.0 cable ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Neither. Ther sound is output from the "green" jack on the desktop PC to the back of the monitor via 3.5mm jacks. It has been running that way since last June. Not sure whether I mentioned it last night but headphones plugged into the side of the monitor via the 3.5mm  jack works just fine. Obviously, sound gets from the PC to the monitor OK.

HP Recommended

Video is connected via the display port connector (the second from the left as you face the rear panel of the monitor).

Display port is the connection type recommended by HP over HDMI after receiving this PC (I had NOT seen a display port connector before on any PC).

Would it be a good test to try HDMI from the PC to the monitor versus the DP connection?

Are the resolutions the same between HDMI and DP (I thought DP was higher?).

Still, this was working via the 3.5mm audio out from the PC for about 8 months before this.

HP Recommended

Nobody picking this up?

HP want me to sign up for $15/month just to diagnose this...makes me wonder what use is a 3 year warranty on the monitor.

Kevin

HP Recommended

Same here. I have gone through all of the internal options, sound options in control panel and nothing. That being said, the mute button doenst toggle on the bottom left of doesnt toggle. Its driving me NUTS.

HP Recommended

Found it. go to the sound button and go to the mixer, then to device (S340C) and make sure it isnt muted. I think some settings get swapped when I use screen sharing software.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.