Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Just got my new HP E243d monitor and hooked it up to my work laptop with an HDMI cable. However there is no audio from the monitor (though the monitor appears in my audio output menu). 

I've tried the various suggestions in this post but with no results: 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/No-sound-out-of-built-in-speakers-on-monitor-HP-24ea/td-... 

Another thing: I can find no audio-settings in the monitor's built-in menu (under "Management" I only find Factory reset, DDC/CI Support and Language). 

Any suggestions 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@EsbenW 

I might not understand the context of your question...

I cannot find anything that indicates this monitor includes actual speakers.

7MP20AA — HP EliteDisplay E243d 23.8-inch Docking Monitor

The following is representative of the monitors in this series (product numbers differ by region)

External I/O Ports1 audio-in; 1 headphone-out; 1 RJ-45; 1 USB 3.1 (fast charging, power delivery up to 7.5 W); 3 USB 3.1 (power delivery up to 4.5 W); 1 DisplayPort™ 1.2-out

other...

Display Input Type1 HDMI 1.4; 1 VGA; 1 USB Type-C™ (Alternative mode DisplayPort™ 1.2, power delivery up to 65 W); 1 USB Type-B

Onscreen ControlsBrightness; Color control; Contrast; Exit; Image control; Information; Input source; Language; Management; Menu; Power; USB host selection

Features list and illustrations:

User Guide

Pages 2-4

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

OR

HP EliteDisplay E243d 23.8-inch Docking Monitor 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@EsbenW 

I might not understand the context of your question...

I cannot find anything that indicates this monitor includes actual speakers.

7MP20AA — HP EliteDisplay E243d 23.8-inch Docking Monitor

The following is representative of the monitors in this series (product numbers differ by region)

External I/O Ports1 audio-in; 1 headphone-out; 1 RJ-45; 1 USB 3.1 (fast charging, power delivery up to 7.5 W); 3 USB 3.1 (power delivery up to 4.5 W); 1 DisplayPort™ 1.2-out

other...

Display Input Type1 HDMI 1.4; 1 VGA; 1 USB Type-C™ (Alternative mode DisplayPort™ 1.2, power delivery up to 65 W); 1 USB Type-B

Onscreen ControlsBrightness; Color control; Contrast; Exit; Image control; Information; Input source; Language; Management; Menu; Power; USB host selection

Features list and illustrations:

User Guide

Pages 2-4

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

OR

HP EliteDisplay E243d 23.8-inch Docking Monitor 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Doh! That would indeed explain my issue - I just got confused when it appeared in my list of audio sources (HP E243d (NVIDIA High Definition Audio). 

HP Recommended

@EsbenW 

You are welcome.

Looks like a nice monitor.

I hope you enjoy it.

Stay Safe.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.