cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phalcon
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

No audio in web browser when external speakers plugged in.

HP Recommended
Z840 workstaion
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a user who's system is not playing any audio in any web browser when external speakers are plugged in. I've removed and reinstalled the audio drivers, flash and java. Make sure the browsers are up to date (IE, FireFox).  The volume mixer shows there is audio playing, nothing is muted that I can see. Any sounds/music from the local machine or phone/flashdrive play. If I unplug the speakers the web audio plays throught the internal speakers. As soon as I plug them back in it shuts off. As far as I can tell there have been no changes other then MS updates and she dosen't pay attention to when they run.

It apprers that the audio is just not being routed to the external speakers, just can't find where that is.

Thanks for any info.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation