Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have intermittent audio with my Coneaxnat audio device. Occasioanlly it says that the audio device was unplugged and then immediately re-inserted. Randomly, the audio system stops with apps unable to find the speakers as a valid playback device. A reboot solves the problem most times. Windows audio diagnostics can only report the audio system as failed and not recoverable. When the audio does play it has background digital noise which is annoying.

HP support team over many days have had me upgrade drivers, restore original drivers, run diagnostics, upgrade BIOS and other random things, most of which I already did before contacitng support. Now finally want me to re-install windows from scratch. Customer support keep satying 'this is very unusual'. and clearly have no clue what the problem is. External audio DAC device works fine. Solution wil shortly be to buy a separate sound card which is desparately disapointing for a £1100 machine (no monitors). Attempts to convince HP not to cause the immense amount of downtime re-installing windows and then all my installed software has led to an impasse with no means of escalating.

Also, what is the HP audio switcher app for when it duplicates the windows funcitonality and is it a solution of a cause  ? The support team have no idea why it is needed. If the latter, how does one disable it - I've tried everything.

Does anyone else have problems with the on-board audio and has fixed it ?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@matthew-b

Welcome to HP Support Community

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks CrazyToad.

Unfortunately that routed me back to the first line support team who mandate that I re-install my machine from scratch with Windows Home as shipped by HP but with no reason for this aside from my operating system may be corrupt. That's akin to stripping down my car engine because my car is making some inexpicable noise but with no clear idea what could be the cause. n engine strip down is expensive and intrusive and a windows re-install is about 20 hours of downtime to re-install, re-install applicaitions, re-install and configure windows pro and actually so some work. There is nothing in re-installing windows that will fix the horribly degraded audio I am now hearing from the rear jack and the first line support team is blindly running through a script, not even having looked at the dtime consuming diagnostic data that they asked dme to collect. And since I refuce to do this hugely intrusive step without some sound reasoning for it, that's the end of HP support.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.