Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I own a HP Pavilion Desktop TP-01-1077. It is brand new, from the very first day, the sound has never worked. The message is "audio device not connected" and I can't select it by default.  I have updated the Realtek driver through Windows itself, uninstalled it, downloaded all the latest updates from HP, updated the Intel system, updated the BIOS, still nothing. I have tried almost everything that is usually recommended for this issue. If I could access the Realtek Manager, I could maybe set it to recognize the front audio jack but I get the message "Realtek Audio Console doesn't support this machine". I have run out of solutions.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

hi

https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/document/c07600422

normally with a new computer, you should just connect speakers, it should work, without needing to do anything
just the audio driver should be enough
If you have already tried just indicate if it is correctly installed, from the device manager, give the visible version
so install the audio driver here

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

6.0.9250.1 Rev.A40.2 MBMar 13, 2022Download

often it is in two stages
you install the downloaded driver, a first time, it uninstalls the installed driver
Normally if this is the case the user is warned
the computer restarts automatically.
If nothing in doubt wait a bit, restart the computer, and check the version in the device manager

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I will try again, thanks, but when I tried to reinstall the Realtek driver, it did uninstall the installed driver, the computer restarted, at the restart, Windows reinstalled it by itself, so Realtek uninstalled it, and again and again. I was never able to reinstall it properly.

HP Recommended

so in device manager?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I'm not at home at the moment so I can't post any screen caps but yes, Realtek is in the device manager. Windows says its driver is ok. But the only device for Windows is the computer screen (which doesn't have any speakers anyway). For Realtek, it says "device not connected". I have headphones connected to the front jack.

HP Recommended

Ok so I tried everything. First here are a few caps so it will be more simple to describe it. My computer is all in French but obviously all the commands are in the same place. First, here is the device manager. Realtek Audio is indeed here :

Device Manager.png

However, in the sound manager :

Sound manager.png

I can't set it up as connected or by default. This is a fairly common issue apparently.

The driver Windows intalls is not the most recent one apparently

Driver detail.png

I tried using the link with the 6.0.9250 driver but it doesn't work. It extracts the files and then, nothing happens. Maybe it could be the solution if I could install it.

HP Recommended

" But the only device for Windows is the computer screen (which doesn't have any speakers anyway). For Realtek, it says "device not connected". I have headphones connected to the front jack."

Pilote audio haute définition (HD) Realtek

6.0.9163.1 Rev.A39.4 MB16 juin 2021Télécharger

it should work with the driver, this seems to be the previous hp ,curious that you can't install the latest one..
but you say you have headphones
sometimes it can be a connector problem!

1 prise combinée casque/microphone

you need a headset with a special connector
have you tested with computer speakers connected to the back?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

You're giving me a link for the 6.0.9163.1 version which is the one already installed, it seems to me.

The 6.0.9250 version, I do have all the files :

SWSSetup.png

But none of the .exe files would start.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the actual file for the setup : 'RtkAudUService64'. Nothing happens when I click on it.

SWSSetup2.png

No but given the headphone icon is also disconnected, it is unlikely to work

Sound manager.png

You have me intrigued here. But the fact remains the devices are not connected.

HP Recommended

I correct myself. Nothing was starting about the Realtek driver but it looks like it still did the job. At the computer restart, I now have the latest version :

Realtek.png

Unfortunately, it didn't solve my problem:

Sound.png

HP Recommended

"You're giving me a link for the 6.0.9163.1 version which is the one already installed, it seems to me"

"it should work with the driver, this seems to be the previous hp"

"I wouldn't be surprised if this is the actual file for the setup: 'RtkAudUService64'. Nothing happens when I click on it."
You can't make just any file work like this

No but given the headphone icon is also disconnected, it is unlikely to work

You have intrigued me here. But the fact remains the devices are not connected.

Have you tried yes, or no, with special speakers for desktop computers?
see here for what can happen with a bad connector

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4315149-4208232-16

Types of headphones

HP computers support three types of headphone connectors. One supports only sound to the headphones, while the other two support both sound to the headphones and microphone. Symbols mark each type of connector.

Connectors on the computer marked with a headset-only icon

support output sound only and work with either a standard three-pin headphone or a four-pin headphone for sound.

Standard three-pin jack

Connectors on the computer marked with a headset-with-a-microphone icon

support sound and a microphone when used with a headset with a four-pin plug and a microphone.

Four-pin jack

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.