cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

No external audio socket?!

HP Recommended
Pavillion Laptop 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.  Does anybody have any solutions to this problem?  I just puchased the Pavillion 15 and was surprised to find that there's no input for an XLR sized jack that normally conveys music from my laptop to mini PA.   There's an earphones socket and I hoped that this might double up for XLR leads but sadly no.   I've never had a laptop before that doesn't provide this capability and wondered if there was any way around it?

Thanks in advance to any who take the time to provide a solution.

Jeeves

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,220 86,105 10,946 23,510
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jeeves19 

No, your machine does NOT have Line-in or XLR (similar to millions of other machines) port. I don't know other desktops do have XLR jack because all my desktops I know do not have.

The following products may help

https://www.amazon.com.au/Shure-X2U-XLR-to-USB-Signal-Adapter/dp/B001PPXFAG

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks BH. Product declared as Unavailable but you did your best buddy.  😊

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation