Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (418 Views)

No sound after Windows 10 update

Product Name: HP Pavilion p6-2033w Desktop P
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded to Windows 10 a while ago.  One day last week the sound stopped working.  I have done several searches and found that this is a common problem.  I have uninstalled the realtek audio driver and reinstalled it.  I have updated all drivers, I have ran troubleshooter.  I have tried to download windows 8 driver from hp website.  My last error from the HP website said that my operating system did not support this download.  I have run out of options.  How can I restore sound to this computer?

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (414 Views)

Re: No sound after Windows 10 update

Hi:

Did you try the W10 driver directly from Realtek?

If not, accept the agreement.   Download and install the 2nd driver on the list, and restart the PC.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT... Definition Audio Codecs

Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (397 Views)

That was the first thing I tried. I deleted the first Realtek audio driver and downloaded from the Realtek site. That didn't work.
Provost
Message 4 of 5 (395 Views)

Did you check the control panel, hardware and sound, sound, manage audio devices, and make sure the speakers are set as the default output?

Sometimes for some reason, the setting can get changed.

That would be the only other suggestion I can offer.

Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (355 Views)

Thanks. The sound manager says there are no devices. The speakers are plugged in. I've unplugged them and even tried another set of speakers. It still says there are no devices
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation