Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP G60-647NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the latest Windows update, No Sound.

I followed the troubleshooting guide on HP Support Assistant.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @Doubleohbob :

If your notebook has 4 GB of memory, try this workaround...

A problem with the Conexant audio means that you may hear no sound in Windows 10 even though everything appears to be working correctly.

Microsoft suggests running msconfig.exe, and click on the Boot tab. Click the Advanced options button, check the Maximum memory box and set the value to 3072.

Then restart the PC.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

You can try the Microsoft Audio Troubleshooter.

Also: HP Audio Troubleshooting Guide

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
        If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi, @Doubleohbob :

If your notebook has 4 GB of memory, try this workaround...

A problem with the Conexant audio means that you may hear no sound in Windows 10 even though everything appears to be working correctly.

Microsoft suggests running msconfig.exe, and click on the Boot tab. Click the Advanced options button, check the Maximum memory box and set the value to 3072.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Yes, you are correct! It took me a couple of days to find that answer, I just found it right before you replied. 

I thank you for such a quick answer ---- and for the SOLUTION to the problem!

Now, does that reduce the amount of memory for me to use????

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Not on your model where the max memory is 4 GB, and the net usable would have been considerably less--between 3 and 3.25 GB

HP Recommended

So I changed my memory to 3, what is the number I put in to make it 4?

I want to check to see if the problem is fixed now or in  the future.

HP Recommended

If you change the memory setting back, most likely the sound will go out again.

In megabytes, you count off like this...1024, 2048, 3072, and 4096.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.