7 3 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

No sound from DVD player attached to 2nd HDMI Port

HP Recommended
HP Envy 27-p000na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have attached a DVD Player to the spare HDMI Port on my All In One and it plays the DVD fine but I cannot get any sound from either the PC speakes or the attaches blue tooth headphones can anyone tell me if there is something I need to change in settings to switch the sound from the PC to the Second HDMI Port.

The DVD player has no ports or sockets to attach anything too.

The HDMI cable is a good one that support ARC, 3D, Internet so it is not the cable

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Barry 

6 REPLIES 6
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BazRob100

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you don't have sound on the DVD player attached to the 2nd HDMI Port,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you check any HP article to resolve your concern?

Do you currently have the DVD player displaying on the AIO?

Use the steps below to configure the audio output when an HDMI cable is connected. This will allow you to select HDMI as the default when you are using an HDMI connection. When you are not using an HDMI connection, the sound settings default to your computer's speakers and headphones.

1. Connect the HDMI cable to your computer and to your output device.

2. Right-click the Volume icon on

3. the taskbar.

4. Click Playback Devices.

The Sound window opens.

5. On the Playback tab, select Speakers, and Headphones, and then click Set Default.

6. Select the High Definition Audio Device selection, for example, ATI HDMI Output. Then

7. click Set Default

8. Right-click HDMI Output, then select Show Disconnected Devices. The HDMI cable must be connected when it is configured.

9. To view all the available sound devices, right-click any device shown in the Sound window and select the Show Disabled Device and Show Disconnected Devices options.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
BazRob100
Author
Level 1
7 3 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher

I have tried all the thing you have mentioned several times.

I have used HP Support Assistant to make sure everything is up to date and I have performed all Windows 10 updates.

I have attached the DVD player to my TV with the same HDMI cable  and it all works fine. So it is definately a problrm with the HP Envy 27.

The problem seem to be In the Play back devices I do not have the " High Definition Audio Device selection, for example, ATI HDMI Output" available and I am unable to find out how to enable this.

I have  checked " Show Disabled Devices and  Show Disconnected Devices" and this does not show it

I have just downloaded the Coneaxant HD Audio driver from HP and re-installed this but it still does not give me the " High Definition Audio Device Option

Barry

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BazRob100

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

When you use HDMI to connect your display, you need to adjust some settings through Windows to hear sound through the display as described in Selecting HDMI sound as the default output audio device.

Because of this, HP recommends that you connect analog speakers to the computer Audio Line Out connector if you want to hear sound during the initial setup of the computer.

If you used a DVI-to-HDMI adapter to connect the display, DVI does not carry an audio signal. To hear sound through the display, you must connect the computer Audio Line Out connector to the DVI Audio In connector on the display and select DVI as the source. Do not select HDMI as the default audio device in Windows. See My display does not have an HDMI connector.

Also, check if an alternate device works using the same HDMI port on your PC to identify if this is a port failure,

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
BazRob100
Author
Level 1
7 3 0 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I believe the conexant driver I downloaded last nigh has fixed the issue, as I turn my PC on this morning and I now have sound, I have tried playing several different DVD's and Turne the PC of and on several times so at the moment all is working fine now. I will post again if the problem re occurs

Thanks

Barry

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BazRob100

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for. 

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Feel free to get back to us, anytime 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Jag62
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just wanted to say thx, I did a search and was able to fix my problem w/o a post...

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation