Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP w2408 Vivid Color Widescreen Flat-Panel Monitor; Pavilion Elite m9402f,
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

No sound from Integrated Speakers- HP w2408h Flat-Panel Monitor

Just moved and reconnected my HP Pavilion desktop computer with HP w2408h Vivid Color Widescreen Flat-Panel Monitor. The monitor has integrated rear facing speakers. However, after I reconnected the computer after the move I get no sound. Have checked the Speaker Volume and it is set at 100%. When I try, for example, a YouTube video I make sure that it is unmuted. However, I still get no sound. What else do I need to check or reconnect?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Are you connecting with HDMI cable or you have audio cable (green) from the computer to the monitor plugged in too?

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
HP Recommended

Thanks for responding. Just saw yoru reply. From the back of the monitor to computer, what are connected now are: 

1. Power cable

2. VGA

3. USB In

There is a USB Out port that has no cable at present. I vaguely remember before the move there being a green cable.

Would that green cable go from the USB Out port to the back of the computer?

Would the lack of that cable account for no sound?

Thanks again for your help!

Mari

HP Recommended

I am talking about a regular Jack cable that you insert in the back of the monitor and on the other end in the computer audio port (GREEN) which is Audio out!

If you are using the VGA port now...it makes sense that you have no sound...

You are missing the cable I am talking about!! Look for it...if you cant find it ....go buy another one...its very cheap!

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.