Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have no audio output from either the rear or front port. Opening sound settings shows there is sound via the visual sound bar as does the mixer app. For some reason it just isn't getting to the ports. Using HP's test app it gave a failure ID of GLJFK9-000B61-QDUWXF-21W213. I get the same results using a sound card or a USB sound device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Glen.

Sorry that nothing worked for you.

Normally when you get one of those 24-character failure codes, it indicates a hardware issue of some kind.

What really puzzles me is why installing a PCIe x1 audio card didn't work.

It's gotta be a motherboard issue of some kind as you indicated.

I have a couple of 8200 Elite CMT's and they are still working fine.

I installed Windows 11 on both of them.

Cheers,

Paul

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi, Glen:

Below is the failure report generated by the code you posted minus your PC's serial number.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
GLJFK9-000B61-QDUWXF-21W213OK000007/12/22107AudioAudio Board, Audio Card, Audio Jack, Earphone, Headset, Microphone, Receiver, SpeakersAudio Failure (unspecified)

As you can see from the report, it doesn't tell us anything in detail about the problem.

You may want to try clearing the CMOS, so it resets all of the BIOS settings to their defaults.

Unplug everything connected to the PC except the keyboard, mouse and monitor when resetting the CMOS.

See chapter 12 pages 307 and 308 of the service manual for how to clear the CMOS.

c03612798.pdf (hp.com)

HP Recommended

That is something I have not tried. One item of note is that this is a fresh install of Win 10 Pro.

I will attempt the CMOS reset and reply back shortly.

HP Recommended

No joy! No change what so ever. Appreciate the attempt to help.

Glen

HP Recommended

Now it is time for some basic things to try.

1. Make sure your PC's speakers are set as the default audio output.

You can check by going to the Windows control panel, hardware and sound>sound>manage audio devices and check to make sure the PC speakers/headphones are the default audio output device.

2. Install the W10 Realtek audio driver and restart the PC.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84501-85000/sp84848.exe 

If that doesn't get the sound to work again, unfortunately I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

HP Recommended

Well, I did those things a few more including updating the bios but still no joy in mudville. This has been an ongoing problem for some time. You know how computers can be, things worked fine yesterday and then BOOM it simply doesn't. I was about to chuck this in the scrap heap but decided to give it one more try but I guess to the scrap heap it goes.

I have a second one of this model computer and all is well with it. I've been working on computers for 25 + years and this is, I think the first problem I've found no solution to. All I can guess is that something between the sound chip and the output 'broke'

Know that your time and effort has been quite beneficial to me if for no other reason than took the time.

I thank you very much.

Regards Paul.

Glen

HP Recommended

Sorry that nothing worked for you.

Normally when you get one of those 24-character failure codes, it indicates a hardware issue of some kind.

What really puzzles me is why installing a PCIe x1 audio card didn't work.

It's gotta be a motherboard issue of some kind as you indicated.

I have a couple of 8200 Elite CMT's and they are still working fine.

I installed Windows 11 on both of them.

Cheers,

Paul

HP Recommended

Paul,

I wanted to let you know I finally have sound on this beast. I logged in earlier and saw your last reply and when I saw the part about "What really puzzles me is why installing a PCIe x1 audio card didn't work" shall I say a light came on. 

During previous attempts to use sound cards all I had available were PCI cards. Today I remembered that I had a PCIe card in the other Elite 8300. I yanked it out and installed it in this beast and IT WORKS!!! 

Soooooo.......indirectly I guess, you gave me a solution and I am very grateful for your help.

Now that I have sound I'm going to install a better graphics card and install Win 11 on it via info I found in a youtube vid.

Thanks again and best wishes to you.

Glen

HP Recommended

Anytime, Glen.

That is great news.

I used this method to install W11 on my HP 8200 Elite.

It was very easy to do and worked great.

You don't even need to create installation media or do any registry edits.

Windows 11 Upgrade Hack on Any Hardware | Dong Knows Tech

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.