angele06
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

No sound from headphone jack

HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-214
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, for a while I can't get any sound to come through my headphone jack in front on the CPU. I've tried two different sets of headphones that have a 3 pin connector. I think it's a driver issue because I can hear sound through the green Line Out located in the back of the computer with headphones and external speakers.

Troubleshooting steps that I've tried are: uninstalling and reinstalling the IDT High Definition CODEC driver, making sure "Speakers/Headphones" is the default device, ran the Sounds troubleshooter to fix the problem, ran the HP Diagnostics tool before startup and the audio test worked fine from the speakers and front headphone jack on CPU.

I did get a message about the "Generic Audio Driver" not working properly in the troubleshooter for audio with a yellow caution triangle. I was thinking about trying to update the BIOS but I didn't see a BIOS update on the drivers download page for my desktop model or resetting the BIOS to factory default.

Any other suggestions on how to fix this driver issue would be great. Thanks

System Information:

BIOS revision: JA2 v.80.46

BIOS date: 10/3/2013

1 REPLY 1
angele06
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UPDATE: Called Technical Support. Issue resolved. I'll just use the Line Out jack in the back of the CPU for headphones.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation