Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
touchsmart 520 3CR2170VVB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Where do I find the driver download for this PC 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this W10 IDT audio driver from a newer model desktop PC works on yours...Restart the PC after installing the driver...

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this W10 IDT audio driver from a newer model desktop PC works on yours...Restart the PC after installing the driver...

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Hey Paul thanks but when I click on it nothing happens.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The file link works/downloads fine for me.

After the file downloads, double click on it to run the file, and follow the on screen instructions to install the driver.

HP Recommended

When I click on it my screen just blinks and there is no download tab at bottom. When I 1st got this PC it had the same problem I then went to HP and found a download, I reset the PC because I was going to sell it and changed my mind now when I go to HP they say no drivers are available for it.

HP Recommended

Support for your PC has been retired since it is more than 10 years old.

That's why you can't find any drivers for it, and even if you could, there wouldn't be any for W10.

I have zipped the sp71717 audio driver and uploaded it to my Skydrive folder and shared the link to it with you below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=AlEpNM

Download, unzip and run the file labeled sp71717.zip.

HP Recommended

I figured it out, I went into troubleshooting and fixed it Thanks again 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.