Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP TP01-0066
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new desktop box, a TP01-0066 with "Erica" series motherboard and Ryzen 7 CPU, is thus far a huge improvement over what it replaced.  However, after hitting the F10 boot option and exhaustively searching up, down and sideways, I can find nothing in the BIOS that disables onboard audio. 

Is it indirectly accessible via the "Realtek" driver stuff, or maybe some obscure Windows 10 Control Panel trick?  Would it be inadvisable to uninstall the OEM audio drivers, even though the external sound card installed without much trouble?

I need to disable it to determine whether some intermittent audio artifacts are due to a possible conflict with the Creative SB1240 that I use for digitizing vinyl, a necessity because of its input impedance and 96 kHz sample rate. 

Thanks for any input on this.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
If you uninstalled the audio driver, it should be replaced by another ...
If windows can not find any more driver, it will be in error, maybe not the solution.
You can simply disable it from the device manager!
But it may not be as effective as disabling it from the bios!
Is your audio card old?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The SB 1240 USB sound adaptor I'm using was made for Windows 7 / 10, but is a few years old.

I've disabled AMD and Realtek audio drivers, and they're staying disabled, but I still have the intermittent click/pop symptom, especially when playing straight audio files, such as MP3 or FLAC.  But I've also noticed it in streaming web content.

At this point I'd almost consider cutting a trace on the motherboard to kill B+ to the sound chip.  This really does seem like a hardware conflict, and it's unbelievable that the BIOS settings wouldn't contain the option to disable onboard sound.  It's like a car with hardwired, permanently "on" windshield wipers, and no on/off switch anywhere to be found.  A rather conspicuous design flaw.

HP Recommended

sorry, if the card is old it may not be 100% compatible
Do you have recent windows 10 drivers with this card installed?

it is a usb card, and not internal? Do you have a model link?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.