Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmitriy_zt
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Problem with audio

HP Recommended

Hi! Problem with skype. when I insert the headphones into the computer, the sound continues to come from the speakers of the computer, without going over to the headphones.But if you remove the audio driver, everything works fineother applications are working properly. The problem appeared after spring- windows 10 updating, before that everything worked well. Please help me.

Reguards Dmitriy

3 REPLIES 3
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,945 2,571
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @dmitriy_zt,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are not getting sound from the headphones when connected and instead the sound is coming from speakers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Check those headphones with an alternate device such as a Smartphone, laptop, etc...

If they work on the alternate device, check if the Headphones are enabled as a playback device.

To do this, please see the steps below:

• Click the Start Pearl and then type Sound in the Start Search Box.
  • Select Change Sound Card Settings in the Start Menu Options.
  • Next, under the Playback Tab, right click and select Show Hidden Devices and Show Disconnected    Devices if available.
  • Select Headphones and enable

To Increase the volume on your headphone:

Method 1

• Right-click the volume icon in the notification area.
  • Click Open Volume Mixer and increase the volume for Headphones.

Method 2

• Right-click the volume icon in the notification area.
  • Go to Playback devices and right click Headphones under Playback.
  • Go to Properties and set the volume to the maximum under Levels tab.
  • Click Apply and OK.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
dmitriy_zt
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! the last time computer was working fine is before the spring 2017 windows10 updating.

I have performed a lot of troubleshooting steps:

1. things with settings, wich you wrote to me in message

2. I tried to find an another audo-drivers

3. yesterday I reinstalled Windows with deleting of system disk С.

But the problem with skype remained. All applications except Skype work well.

0 Kudos
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,945 2,571
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @dmitriy_zt,

Thank you for the detailed information.

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Solution 1

1. Open Skype.
  2. Go to Tools > Options.
  3. Navigate to the Audio settings tab.
  4. Be sure that Microphone and Speakers are properly set. If you want, you can test both microphone and speakers from Skype. If your speakers and microphone passed the test, it means that they are properly configured and working on Skype.
  5. Click Save to save changes.

Solution 2 – Use Microsoft’s default audio driver

If you have audio issues on Skype, it might because your audio driver isn’t fully compatible with Skype. To fix this problem users are suggesting to use the default Microsoft driver instead. If you want to switch back to the default driver, you’ll have to uninstall your current driver. To do that, follow these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu and choose Device Manager from the list.
  2. Once Device Manager opens, locate your audio device, right click it and choose Uninstall.
  3. If available, check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.
  4. After you delete the driver, restart your PC.

When your PC restarts, the default driver will be installed and problems with Skype audio should be fixed.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. Give us some reinforcement by clicking “Accepted Solution” that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Cheers 🙂

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation