Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello,  I have a HP Pavillion Wave Desktop -600-a159na   and my front usb has stopped working for some reason, all the other ports work perfectly, I have tried re-installing the chipset drivers, but no joy in getting the front usb to work, not sure if like the other posts that its a cable that's come adrift as I haven't moved the computer about at all, I am willing to open it up and check the connections though, but just thought if there is anything else I can try before that.

Hope I can get help from here.

Thanks in advance

Keith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Keith1546,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the front USB port is not working.

Don’t worry, I’d love to help.

As you mentioned that you have run a test on the USB port and the test failed with a failure ID, it looks like a hardware issue and I recommend you to contact phone support to check the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to auto detects

Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

An update on my problem, I did a diagnostic test  on the usb's and it came up with this failure ID :-

9C3T1L-8LK8N5-9XPGQ1-8D7K03

Anyone shed any light on what I do now ?

HP Recommended

Hi Keith1546,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the front USB port is not working.

Don’t worry, I’d love to help.

As you mentioned that you have run a test on the USB port and the test failed with a failure ID, it looks like a hardware issue and I recommend you to contact phone support to check the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to auto detects

Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many thanks,  I have done as you suggested and contacted HP Support and the computer is being picked up for repair,.

Hopefully this will sort the problem.....

Many Thanks again.

Keith

HP Recommended

Hi Keith1546,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello.

In my case, it was just the USB front-end cable that was disconnected anyway. Once reconnected, everything was resolved.

I had also tried reinstalling the drivers, but the problem was really mechanical.

I hope I have helped and I wish you good luck in solving the problem.

Best regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.