Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same issue. I followed the troubleshoot and still nothing. I just tried that link but it aborts the install saying not compatible with hardware? Any ideas? Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello

this is a recorded response (macro))
we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

and for a laptop:

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support
Give the full version of windows
for windows 10 type winver in the search box

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you, it is the HP Pavillion 24 All in One PC

8CC0140NN3

HP Recommended

hi delete S/N

i only need P/N product number

your computer ( always guaranteed )

24-xa1009na Product Specifications

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

6.0.9035.1 Rev.A402.3 MBOct 19, 2020Download

have you tried this one?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you. Tried the link. Still no joy. 😞 

HP Recommended

Ok but what always happens ..  error message again ?
your exact version of windows?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-all-in-one-pc-24-xa1000i/2564...

the driver I gave you is indicated compatible with 2004, it should work with 20h, but this may be the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Aah sorry, it's Windows 10 version 20H2 OS Build 19042.844. I clicked the driver link and installed, restarted and there appeared to just be no difference. No error message or anything. Weirdly, I've just switched my HP Pavilion laptop on and that also now has no sound! 

MrsSimsy_0-1614515608284.png

HP Recommended

Open device manager
check if the driver is installed and what version is it

the driver I gave you is indicated compatible with 2004, it should work with 20h2, but this may be the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. A call to HP and they uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and it fixed it. The old off and back on again! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.