cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
NeilJames
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Realtek Drivers screwing up keyclicks and caps lock bell

HP Recommended
Omen 25l
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've got a problem with my caps lock on/off  audio alert . It rarely works and the only solution I've found to get it to work is to uninstall the Realtek driver. Disabling doesn't help, only uninstalling. The trouble is when I power down, the driver is re-installed by the system on the next start-up.  Do I need the driver, is there a way to permanently remove it, or is there another way to fix this that I haven't discovered?

2 REPLIES 2
itsmyname
Level 9
3,566 3,530 138 423
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@NeilJames -- uninstall the Realtek driver

Go one step further, and "disable" the hardware that requires that device-driver.

Do this through "Device Manager".

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
NeilJames
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't identify what it is that's dependent on the realtek drivers. there are no external sound components attached to the system and yet the realtek driver is still re-installed on re-boot.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation