Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Instead of Realtek HD audio manager, I get HP audio manager how do I switch it? I already have Realtek HD audio manager drivers installed

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
what do you mean, you uninstalled the hp drivers, and installed realtek drivers instead?
I almost did the test, but no time ..
Normally the drivers are specific, and we must use the HP OEM drivers, designed for our device!
I've done the test in the past with no problem, but I'm not sure it's always possible.
Realtek drivers might not work correctly ...
For a while there was an app at microsoft realtek, it did not work for me, since it no longer seems available

So tried uninstalling the HP driver completely, and if you find the right one try the one from realtek
One of these days I'll have to try

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

realtek-hd-audio-manager-download.jpg

I want this but when I open the file I get the HP audio manager.

HP Recommended

yes, that I understood!
but what I did not understand is if you did what I indicated, uninstall HP drivers and install realtek driver!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes I have but it still won't work when I try to open it won't open the Realtek HD audio

HP Recommended

Like I said it has certainly changed
either you are using the HP driver with the HP panel
either you install another driver, but at the risk that it is not compatible!
I wanted to test, but no time, anyway, we do not have the same model, it would not help you
All you can do is try different drivers, but maybe for nothing!
I think it's not like a while ago, and it must be practically impossible to have the one you're showing

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.