Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm not sure what the issue is, but i've been dealing with it all night with no luck. The problem is that my right side audio wont work through the back panel audio jack. No matter what i plug in (ear buds, speakers, headphones) the right side audio is just silent, while the left side is completely fine! I do not have a front audio port as it broke about 2 years ago, but the back audio ports used to work just fine until I restarted and inserted a new gpu into the pc earlier today. Maybe I bumped something? I'm not sure. I've tried updating my drivers, uninstalling them, and rolling them back on numerous occasions and I still haven't gotten any luck. I hope i'm not the only one who has encountered this issue because I really need some advice on how to fix it.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Forgot to mention, I did make sure that the audio balance wasn't off. This is a problem with my computer, whether that be the motherboard, or the audio port itself, it is not my speakers, my earbuds or my headphones that are broken. This problem is universal to everything that I plug into the port.

HP Recommended

@od149,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your computer?
  • What is the operating system you are using?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.