Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-18-2020 01:05 PM
@LYNB3 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that the internal microphone is not working.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you tried with Skype app?
- Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
- Step 1: Check the microphone hardware
- Step 2: Update the audio driver
- Step 3: Use the Troubleshooting tool
- Step 4: Configure the sound settings in Windows
Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03421813 to complete the troubleshooting steps.
And, also try this workaround:
- Open Control Panel.
- Open the Hardware and Sound setting.
- Open the Sound setting.
- Select the Recording tab and double-click your microphone you have selected as the default recording device.
- Click on the Level tab and reduce the Microphone Boost setting.
@johncarroll if internal Mic is working fine and it does not feature in ZOOM app then its issue with the ZOOM, not with the internal microphone.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community