Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
A3J44AV
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hello guys i have HP z220 Workstation !

last week i got new gpu (AMD rx 570 serie) i installed it and i installed the drivers .. i plaged it with HDMI port and switched to VGA port because i dont have HDMI in my screen
after this i lost sound i see new sound card added and seted as default ! its AMD HDMI

that mean the computer sending send via HDMI cable to screen but i dont have speacker in my screen so i disabled HDMI

but after that i see that i still dont hear sound ... and also after i plag microphone or headphone i dont see that and also i dont see new device plagged in jack port notification .
please note :

-i tryed to updated lot of time driver of GPU and Sound card but i still have this problem
-i m using 3 gpu intel HD 4600 And Nvidia Quadro K2000 And AMD rx 570 serie

-i unplagged all GPU and i still have the problem
-i try with another operating system and i still have the problem
-in computer startup after i push on button i hear bad sound from speacker for 0.5 sec ..

is that mean my on board sound card dead ? how to fix it ? how to find in in motherboard ?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.