Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Don't know model #. From control panel in Sound says my Device Default is Stereo IDT High Def Audio CODEC. Says Line In  IDT HD Audio CODEC is not plugged in. (Under mic and rear mic says currently unavailable)

I do have a jack in line In but that goes to speakers that only plays what's already on the PC. I tried putting an Audiology Sound Blaster card in the motherboard but it doesn't fit. (Mother board is IMP87-MP )

What sound card will work or will any with this PC ? Hate to think the latter. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you, @jwhite10110s.  WOW, you did it!! :Wink:  It is necessary for me to help you with the best outcome.

You will want to buy a PCI Express x1 sound card.  There are three of these slots on the motherboard.  Creative Sound Blaster Audigy PCIe RX 7.1 Sound Card with High Performance Headphone Amp may be what you need.          

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.                  

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@jwhite10110s, welcome to the forum.

Here is a guide to help you find the model of your computer.  This information is necessary for me to review the specs of the computer.  Once I have the model, I will be able to help you better.

HP Recommended

It's an HP Pavillion Desktop. Don't know if this helps,  found this on the bottom

TCP F053-MT

ARB 125  Ateros

On front had Intel core sticker.

I found an e mail around the time I got it. This was the info on what I was looking at. Can't find the receipt but looks exactly like it.

HP Pavilion 500t Desktop series

• 4th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 processor dual-core [3.4GHz, 3MB Shared Cache]
  • 6GB DDR3-1600 MHz [2 DIMM ]
  • 1TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @jwhite10110s.  Here is the guide to help you find the model:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07555

I need the full model to find the specs for it.

HP Recommended

Wow. Thought that last info would do it. Wires are like spagetti to get to the  bottom where the info was. COuld it be inside with the cover off? Why would HP make it so hard to have different sound card upgrades capabilities? Why not one or 2 generic ones like sound blaster?  

Will try again when I'm up to it. (It knocks off my internet when I mess withth wires.) 

Thanks for your trying to help.

HP Recommended

Apologies for the delay. Hit it again today and viola! FOund what I think you need. Model #.JPGModel 500-267cIMG_0184.JPG

HP Recommended

Thank you, @jwhite10110s.  WOW, you did it!! :Wink:  It is necessary for me to help you with the best outcome.

You will want to buy a PCI Express x1 sound card.  There are three of these slots on the motherboard.  Creative Sound Blaster Audigy PCIe RX 7.1 Sound Card with High Performance Headphone Amp may be what you need.          

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.                  

HP Recommended

Thanks so much Old G . I gave you a conditional thumbs up because I have to get it and see if it works. (I'm guessing it will.)

Is the High Perforemance Headphone amp something I have to get separately in conjuction with the sound card or is it in it?

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @jwhite10110s.

The amp is built-in to the card.  I, too, believe that it should work for you.  Before you order it, you may want to contact Creative's Tech Support to make certain.  It will save you some frustration and shipping costs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.