Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G1 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using  HP Pro Desk 400 G1 SFF desktop PC. But the sound simply does not work whenever I plug in anything into Audio jack in front of the case. (Same issue also with microphone -> no input being recorded by the PC).  My main headset device I am trying to use is "ADVENT AHSOV16". It has a single output but I am using a splitter to split it into Mic/Audio for PC. (It was working perfectly on my laptop, before this new PC I got).

I've tried all sorts of drivers, but perhaps you can guide me to the precise one to try.

1.png

^The PC recognizes the headsets being plugged in.

2.png^What I see in the Playback & Recording tabs of Sounds panel after having it plugged in. The microphone picks up no sound whatsoever. 

3.png

^This is what appears while I have the headset plugged in, and watching a video on youtube with sound. But my headset is not giving me any sound. I hear nothing while watching the video even though the green bars indicate sound that >should< be coming through.

Other info:

*Windows 10 64-bit

*Internal speakers work, when I have nothing plugged in the front Audio jack and sound is coming through

*I tried with some cheap earphones, with only audio jack, and the PC did not even recognize it being plugged in (like in the first screenshot above)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.