Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6500 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello. My sound has been cutting out off and on for the last 7 years and for the love of God I am finally sick of it! I ran some tests tonight. I reinstalled my sound driver too. When I first started experiencing this issue way back in 2013 I even did a whole factory reset on the computer. And the issue still didn't go away. I deleted all my info and files and everything for nothing. It definitely isn't my speakers. Even if I plug some headphones right into the audio jack on the front the problem still continues. It happens everywhere sound is produced. Chrome, games, music, etc. Best way to describe it is the sound just cuts out or mutes itself briefly. No longer than I guess 5 seconds before it kicks back in but there really is no pattern it just cuts out when it feels like it. Most of the time the sound will decide to stay for a hours with only a few quick times it cuts out for not even a second. Usually if I shut down or restart my computer a bunch of times I can get it stay steady for a while. When I first start up my computer a lot of the time there will be slight crackling and popping but that goes away quick. Maybe a quick little pop here and there when there is no sounds being played anywhere. Yep this is how I have been living for 7 years now, hard to believe. I've finally just snapped I guess, cant take it anymore. To have this kind of issue way back then after only having the computer for 3 years is just so terrible. But I've always treated this computer good never spilled anything on it or like blasted the sound over and over anything like that. I don't know what the deal is. Could just be a simple fix. But the idea it didn't go away after doing a factory reset is very strange. Be nice to fix this. Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Yes hello. Tanin? 

HP Recommended

@chrnko Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the sound has been cutting out.

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

1. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

1. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  2. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  3. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01884922

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.