Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ALL IN ONE
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Sound was working fine last night and today nothing - It is showing that I have speakers and headphones attached but I don't. It is saying that the HDMI cable is not hooked up but its an all in one and everything that was plugged in the first day is still plugged in - pretty much the power cord and the two USB things for the wireless keyboard and the wireless mouse - Headphones don't work either - Any help would be awesome!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GramsTennessee

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with the computer.

I will be delighted to assist you here. 

Use the Windows Sound troubleshooter

Open the Sound troubleshooter.

1. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

2. Click Troubleshooting.

3. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio playback.

NOTE: 

Administrator permission is required to run this program. If prompted, type the administrator password or provide confirmation.

Clicking Troubleshoot audio playback

4. The Sound troubleshooter opens. Click Next. The troubleshooter begins checking the audio service status.

Click Next to run the Sound troubleshooter for audio playback

5. Select the device you want to troubleshoot, and then click Next.

6. Follow the on-screen instructions and make any changes suggested by the troubleshooter. When done, close the troubleshooter.

Keep me posted. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.