Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop PC TE02-0000i (3Y3Q7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, Hope someone can help me with this issue.

I have a new Hp Envy TE02-000i pc running windows 11. I run the computer through a KVM switch (CKLau 4Kx2K Ultra HD 2 Port HDMI Cables KVM Switch). When I have nothing playing, I can hear the CPU, mouse movement and webpages loadingthrough my speakers - like interference. Has anyone else had this issue?

Many thanks

Paul 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I assume you are using an amplifier, not speakers in a monitor and the audio out is from the motherboard sound and not sound carried by the HDMI.

There were over 100 single star reviews at amazon.  

Only one review mentioned a problem with feedback on the audio cables.  I only checked the one star reviews.

I assume you are hearing "white noise" caused by electrical signals that are either unshielded or being allowed to pass through or "leak" from the HDMI circuit into the audio switch circuit.

If your amplifier has a :squelch control then set the level up to avoid the noise. 

I have used KVMs and found it far better to use a pair of monitors and a remote desktop app like Splashtop that passes audio.   Splashtop is free for personal use.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help Beemer. Yes, it's a typical PC powered speaker feeding two slave speakers. I'll have a look at the Splashtop solution. Originally I used the KVM as I have both my PC and my dads pc on one unit and made it easier for us to switch computers and share the resources. The KVM does seem to be the week link here.

Thanks

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.