Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gary98040
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Sound playing through both headphones and speakers

HP Recommended

I’m having the problem, can I ask how you fixed the audio problem.

1 REPLY 1
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,059 21,046 1,279 1,305
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Gary98040

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that the audio is playing from both your Headphones and Speakers and the Jack is properly connected

I'll try my best to help

1. Go to "Control Panel" and then click "Sound".
2. Next Right click on the "Headphones" (or whatever it is calling them) on the "Playback" tab.
3. Click the "Set as Default Device". 
4. Now click "Apply" and then click "OK".

I also suggest updating the Audio driver from Device Manager

- Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Audio Inputs & Outputs and expand the List
- Look for the Audio drivers then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Audio driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Next update the BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes.

Also let me know since when are you facing this issue. Was there any recent updates?

Keep me posted

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation