Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 750-514
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I want to play speakers and headphone simutainously when practicing.  Input is from wireless to HP, Pandora on HP computer to Onkyo receiver and  Soney head phones. How can I make this happen?

Best regards,

TellurideJeff

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TellurideJeff

Welcome to HP Support Community

Let's try these steps

Step 1: Connect your headphone to your PC and make sure that the speakers are also connected.

Step 2: Right-click on the volume icon in the taskbar and then click Sounds option to open Sounds dialog. 

Step 3: Under the Playback tab, right-click on your speaker and then click Set as Default Device option to make it default. If the Default Device option is missing or greyed out, then it’s likely because the speaker is already the default audio device on your PC and you can skip to the next step.

use speaker and headphone at the same time in Windows 10 step2

Also, you will see Default Device entry just below the device as shown in the picture above.

use speaker and headphone at the same time in Windows 10 step3

Step 4: Switch to the Recording tab by clicking on the same.

Step 5: Right-click on your microphone or Stereo Mix and click Properties.

use speaker and headphone at the same time in Windows 10 step4

Step 6: Click on the Listen tab. Here, check the box labelled Listen to this device. Select your headphone from Playback through this device drop-down dialog.

use speaker and headphone at the same time in Windows 10 step6

Step 7: Click Apply button.

The sound should now be coming from both your headphone as well as speakers.

Let me know how it goes and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Awesome Thank you 

HP Recommended

@TellurideJeff

Let me know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.