Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-14-2021 12:28 PM
At boot-up, everything works fine. However, after the machine wakes up from power save mode (currently set at 20 minutes of inactivity), there is no sound from the speakers. Machine must be booted up again.
01-17-2021 12:49 PM
Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps Audio issue
To resolve this issue, download and install the SoftPaq or update the audio driver in Device Manager.
Option 1: Download and install the SoftPaq to update the audio driver:
Update the BIOS
Option 2: Update the audio driver in Device Manager
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand Sound video and game controllers.
- Right-click on Realtek Audio Device.
- Select Update Driver Software.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the driver.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
01-20-2021 10:13 AM
I have a new HP 9rd64aa. I can't get the external speakers to work. I went into settings but don't see the speakers listed, just the Realtek. Pc speakers work, all software is updated.
01-20-2021 03:10 PM
1) According to the HP website, Softpaq is no longer available and has been replaced by HP Image Assistant, which in turn does not support Windows 10 version 2004 which is on my computer. (It's brand-spanking new.)
01-21-2021 12:43 PM
We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.
I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.