Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-in-One - 27-r014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My speakers make a popping sound at a frequency just slightly longer than 1 second with no other sounds coming out. Troubleshooting so far: a) Connected headphones - no popping sound, but also no other sound, b) reinstalled the audio driver and restarted the computer - no change, c) adjusted the audio balance to check each speaker - both speakers are making the noise. 

The computer came with Windows 10. No new software upgrades or additions have been made before this problem started.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@danklocke

Welcome to HP support community.

If the headphones are fine, its an issue with the speakers alone, run a hardware test on the speaker using the hardware diagnostic tool.

Follow the steps mentioned under "Running component tests" in this document to run Audio test:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you ever find a fix for this? I just started having this exact problem this morning with my Pavilion All-in-One 24-r101na.

Cheers,

Robin

HP Recommended

No, sorry, I did not get a fix. What I ended up doing was getting a Bluetooth speaker and connected it to the computer. Specifically, I’m using a Jabra speaker that comes with a microphone as well. I believe the speakers are bad and it will cost more to get them repaired. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  I have a positive update - I did a repair of the Windows 10 installation and it's fixed the issue. 

The audio is back working as before.

I did a manual update of the AMD Radeon graphics driver yesterday and although it worked fine yesterday, this morning it didn't.  I suspect I hadn't restarted my computer since installing the update and so any changes that were made with the AMD update yesterday didn't fully take effect until this morning when I turned my computer on.

I tried rolling back the graphics drivers and even installed the recommended ones from the HP website, but this still didn't fix the issue.  Only doing a repair of the Windows 10 installation fixed the issue, I presume this uninstalled the graphics driver completely.

Hope this can fix your system too!

Cheers,

Robin

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.