Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have bought a new HP desktop, and am trying to move my speakers across to it.  My speakers have a green jack, which fits in to the green port, but they also have a purple power jack which went into a purple power port on the back of my old Packard Bell computer.  My new HP desktop does not have a port for the purple power jack and I don't know where to plug it in.  At the moment I have the green jack plugged into my new HP desktop and the purple power jack plugged into my old desktop!  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Th HP jack configuration (Beats Audio)), to the best of my knowledge, is standard. I also have a Soundblaster (SB) high end audio card with the same (similar) jack configuration. I am using a Bose speaker system with a subwoofer. The speakers attach to the subwoofer audio out jack. A cable connecting the audio out jack from the PC connects to an audio in jack on the subwoofer. The subwoofer powers the speakers and the subwoofer from an AC outlet.

Since the Diamond speakers were connected to your Packard Bell PC as you have described, I see no possible way you will be able to connect those speakers to the HP PC you have purchased. There appears to be no way to provide power to the Diamond speakers from the HP PC or any PC I have used over the last ten years.

BTW, I had a PB way back in 1996. VERY proprietary.

Jaco

Jaco

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi HGHF,

Packard Bell PC's were and are very proprietary. Did the speakers being used on the Packard Bell ship with that PC? Are they Packard Bell speakers?

How many speakers? Do you have a cable attached to each speaker, one green and one purple, that needs to be attached to the PC? Are both connectors on the cables the same RCA type connection?

You may be better off replacing the speakers.

Jaco

****I am not an HP employee****

Please give a" Kudos" if advice received is relevant or" Accept as Solution" if your problem has been solved.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
H8 1380t CTO, Intel i7 3820
16 GB DDR3
Pegatron Motherboard- IPIWB-PB (Pittsburgh), Radeon HD 7570 1GB. Win 7 Home Premium upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro.

Envy Phoenix 810-150se, Intel i7 4820k
16 GB DDR3
Pittsburgh2 Mainboard, NVIDIA GTX 645- 2GB GDDR5. Win 8.1 Pro.

HP 560z CTO AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
16 GB DDR3.
Radeon HD 6570
Win 7 Home Premium upgraded to Win 7 Pro.

HP ENVY 17t-j000 CTO Quad Edition Notebook. I7 4702mq
12 GB DDR3
Nvidia Graphics
Win 8 Pro

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding.  The speakers are Storm by Diamond Audio for NECCI, multimedia speaker kit, output power 3W/ch, power supply 12VDC.  I don't know if they came with the pc since it used to belong to my brother.  There are two speakers, one with the on/off switch.  There are 2 cables (plus the cable that joins the two speakers) - both of these cables comes out of the one speaker (the one with the on/off switch).  One cable has the green jack on it which plugs into the speaker port, and the other is the purple power supply which fitted into a round power socket on the back of the Packard Bell desktop.  The connectors are different on the end of each cable.

I had no idea that computer speakers weren't standard.  They are good speakers so it's going to be a pain if I have to replace them if they'll only work with a Packard Bell computer.

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Th HP jack configuration (Beats Audio)), to the best of my knowledge, is standard. I also have a Soundblaster (SB) high end audio card with the same (similar) jack configuration. I am using a Bose speaker system with a subwoofer. The speakers attach to the subwoofer audio out jack. A cable connecting the audio out jack from the PC connects to an audio in jack on the subwoofer. The subwoofer powers the speakers and the subwoofer from an AC outlet.

Since the Diamond speakers were connected to your Packard Bell PC as you have described, I see no possible way you will be able to connect those speakers to the HP PC you have purchased. There appears to be no way to provide power to the Diamond speakers from the HP PC or any PC I have used over the last ten years.

BTW, I had a PB way back in 1996. VERY proprietary.

Jaco

Jaco

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know

HP Recommended

I currently have exactly the same problem! The speakers (Storm by Diamond Audio) came with the Packard Bell computer I purchased some years ago. My new tower does not have a connection for the purple power supply cable and I have been unable to buy anything to adapt it.  So, only option is to buy new speakers which is a great shame because the Storm ones were excellent.

HP Recommended

This might be too late but I came across a forum and there's something about an adapter. I'm looking into it myself, here is the thread: 

http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54905

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.