Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (376 Views)

Upgrade Sound Card on HP Envy 750-110

Product Name: Envy 750-110
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to know what type of sound card I can use on an HP Envy 750-110.  I currently already have a PCI-e graphics card installed and its (looking from the top) in the second slot, which I assume is the PCI-ex16 (Gen 3).  I couldn't find a diagram that shows the motherboard slot locations/types.  Is the top Gen 2 or Gen 3 and what kind of sound card can I upgrade to?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Dean
Message 2 of 4 (364 Views)

Re: Upgrade Sound Card on HP Envy 750-110

HERE IS THE SUPPORT page for that model.  For the motherboard it lists:

Expansion Slots:
  • 1 PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0)
  • 1 PCI Express x1 (Gen 2.0)

And the pictures shows the same thing.  Is what you are seeing the same as the picture on that page?

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (356 Views)

Actually, I have already seen the specs and the motherboard figure.  I wasn't sure that my video card was in the right (Gen3) slot, or not.  I wasn't sure which slot from the motherboard graphic was the PCIe x 16 Gen3.  The graphic doesn't show that.  Seeing what the board has and which slot is which is never displayed.  I'm just not the knowledgeable.  I have since found out that I am using the 16, so I have to use a 1 for the sound card.

Thanks!

Dean
Message 4 of 4 (351 Views)

Yep you got it.  The long slot is the PCIe x 16 Gen3.  The short slot - the PCIx1 can be used for a sound card.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation