Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a pair of Skullcandy Uproar Wireless headphones on sale today, but have been having trouble having it output sound for more than a few seconds, here are the details of the situation:

>The Wireless Headphones succesffully pair up with my system through the Bluetooth Menu.

>When I select them on the Volume Mixer, and click the sound ajustment bar for the 'Bwoooom" sound to check the output, it plays through the headphones.

>Immediately after closing the Volume Mixer, the system drops the Headphone selection and defaults back to the build in Speaker System. The 'Bwoom' and any other sound now plays through the built in speakers.

>Keeping the Volume Mixer open does not ensure connection: In fact, only system sounds are heard through the headphones. Including the 'Bwooom'.

>I contacted Skullcandy and concluded myself that the product is working, but for some reason my computer is prioritizing its own built-in speaker system over the Uproar Headset. My computer has Beats Audio as its audio system. 

If anyone could lend a hand, it would be very helpful, as I think it may come down to either the Bluetooth Drivers, or something with my Audio Settings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just solved my own probelm, but thought others with similar problems with their audio devices might find it helpful to know how I fixed the problem:

I went to..

>Volume Mixer Icon > Right Click > Playback Devices 

>Set the Headhphones as the default playback device.

It now works just fine! It just kept prioritizing the built in speakers over the headphones is all for some reason. But now I know, and you do too.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Just solved my own probelm, but thought others with similar problems with their audio devices might find it helpful to know how I fixed the problem:

I went to..

>Volume Mixer Icon > Right Click > Playback Devices 

>Set the Headhphones as the default playback device.

It now works just fine! It just kept prioritizing the built in speakers over the headphones is all for some reason. But now I know, and you do too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.