Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Please list ALL the ports I need to have to be able to use Klipsch 5.1 stereo surround

audio system (center channel speaker and LF+LR+RF+RR speakers and subwoofer)??

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@TexasIndian 

Are you talking about a Hifi system or something else ?. Does your system have 5 cables PHYSICALLY ? If yes and you are talking about a desktop COMPUTER which has a spare PCIe slot you can use

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/creative-sound-blaster-audigy-fx-51-ch-pcie-sound-card-ab58963

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I'll rephrase (again, 'techno-inept'):

Buying new HP desktop soon (waiting on availability) and I want to be certain

before purchasing, it'll accomodate my 5.1 Surround Sound System...a complete

packaged system consisting of 4 'desktop' speakers (1 left front +1 right front + 

1 left rear + 1 right rear), single Center Channel speaker, a separate Subwoofer.

Shopping, I've learned that few state "accomodate 5.1 Stereo Surround" and have 

learned via current owner reviews, that is NOT always accurate (initiating returns).

So as I look up "Customer Images" and/or "Manufacturer Information" to see actual 

pic(s) of the back of units; just want to learn what ports to look for to be sure it'll fit.

HP Recommended

@TexasIndian 

Many machines support 5.1 system using software, not hardware that why I asked number of cables. They may only have 3 connectors but software can give 5.1 sound.

In your case, it is much better to wait when getting the machine. I don't think desktops have 5 ports for 5.1 system as default, you have to pay to get option with a sound card.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

hi

This may be difficult to identify
I had several models with different functionality..
you can have a model, with audio outputs, clearly identified, classic audio output, sub woofer connector, central, front rear ..
But many current models can have 5.1, but you have to use the connectors, named headphone / microphone output etc.
see topic here

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/5-1-surround-sound-speakers/m-p/8035652#M63275
but sometimes hp mentions that there may be need for additional hardware without further details

the motherboard supports 5.1 surround sound. If the computer does not have the required audio jacks for a 5.1 configuration, additional hardware is required to use 5.1 surround sound.

If you're asking the question I assume you don't have an SPDIF connector

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hopefully this helps with your answer(s):  looking at spec list for HP Envy desktop TE01-3254;

states "5.1 Surround Sound output" + "Back I/O ports include:  (3) Audio ports {Line-in/Line-out/

Microphone}".  Motherboard listed as: "HP name: Reno2 / SSID: 89B5 / Chipset: Intel ADL H670."

Sounds as if HP alluding to only these 3 ports are ALL required to accomplish 5.1 Surround; but as 

suspicious & overly cautious (pre-purchase) consumer; don't understand how the 'hook-up' works?

(trying to avoid returning a 1-day old pc because my system won't play/fully incorporate 5.1 sound).

btw: NOWHERE on the spec list is "may need additional hardware" listed ... even in 'legalese' fine print

HP Recommended

the only options are to ask for confirmation at the HP store
or find before buying users who talk about it on the net

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.