Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY 32 AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought the top of the range ENVY 32 AIO late last year. I noticed that when I played music above 20 volume I could hear slight fluctuations in volume, particularly on tracks with heavier bass. Before I could solve the issue, the PC motherboard blew and I sent it back.

I received a second model, and the same sound issue existed. I spoke to support, went through the usual diagnostics, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, but the problem remained. I was asked to return it.

I now have a third new unit (and my last HP if I can't solve the issue) and the same sound issue exists.

Observations

The sound mostly fluctuates on heaver sounds, be it bass or louder step ups in sound.

It happens on many tracks, from multiple sources.

I've tried the same files on multiple PCs, and they were fine, so it's not the files, it's the ENVY 32.

If I play the same tracks on YouTube, the problem still exists, so its not the source.

When I go to the advanced sound settings and disable 'audio enhancements' the issue goes away.

However, the sound goes tinny as there are no EQ adjustments to make the most of the sound bar.

If I leave the audio enhancements on and go the default B&O app, the fluctuations return.

If I use the B&O app to reduce the bass below 50%, the issue goes away.

If I download a third party EQ, the same issue occurs when I try to add any bass.

So in essence, as soon as any bass is applied to make the most of the on board subs, the volume fluctuates.

The bass is not topped out and in is in no way pushing the speakers anywhere near their limits.

One song on YouTube that is a good example is 'Miley Cyrus - Never Be Me'.

Play that song at 50% volume, with bass turned up and the volume starts fluctuating at the chorus (30-45 seconds in).

Can anyone help? I love everything about this PC, but the sound bar is arguably its key feature and not worth keeping if there is an inherent hardware fault.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi.

Is anyone from HP checking into the issues on this forum? The vast majority of questions have zero response.

HP Recommended

@sioioos

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.