Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 15 Convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, so 3 months ago i boght an HP Pavilion x360 15 Convertible PC laptop and it was working fine, one day my computer ran out of battery so I conected the the charger and tried to turn it on, the computer never started, so I took it to my local hp center and they help me with it, when I got it back I had a problem with the volume indicator on screen, it is constantly up, at the begining i thoght this was a software problem, so I researched online and tried all the solutions availabe but none of them seemed to work for me, so I took it back to hp and after two days the technician told me that the first problem that my compuer had (wich was an "electrical overload" as he said)  made it so the side volume button was constantly pressing up eventhough the button is not stucked or anything, he claims its a problem with the board and to fix this its required to change the whole board wich is really expensive and not covered by the waranty, so the solution he proposed to me is to constantly press the side button down, this eliminates the problem while the button is pressed, but for me that's not a real solution, so my question is, what can I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Rafael_Guerra

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community. 

I understand you are in need of support and I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As you've mentioned computer was diagnosed by local tech store and the issue sounds like volume key failure. Hence, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available warranty service options for your laptop.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.