zakk2gud
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Volume up stuck and constantly raising volume

HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Either the F8 key or volume up on the side of my laptop is stuck and the volume raising to 100 keeps poping up on  screen, making it not possible to mute or lower the volume. 

I've tried resetting and updating the sound drivers and running the troubleshooter for audio, but neither of those worked because I think the physical key got stuck somewhere. Is there a way to just disable these keys? I can just use my headphones or mouse over volume if I want to change it. 

HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz 8GB

1 REPLY 1
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,076
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @zakk2gud, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand volume button on your laptop is stuck and volume keeps raising.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your laptop?

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps before reaching out to us.

As you mentioned even after uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver the issue still persists.

It certainly seems to a be a hardware issue with your laptop.

If you are comfortable to replace parts on your laptop you can replace the USB board by following the manuals.

Refer the product maintenance and service guide of your laptop for more information.

Note: Refer page 36 for more information.

Please find the part number for USB/Volume board listed below.

USB board (USB/volume/hard drive LED/card reader) (includes cable)
807527-001

You can purchase the product from HP store using this link.

Or contact HP support and get the service options.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

I'll watch your reply!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation