Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0014
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, ive tried just about everything. This is a brand new headset and I can hear white noise coming through as if the volumes too high. Ive tried using both audio jacks in the back and front of the desktop itself but no dice. Ive tried updating everything through HP and that didnt seem to make a difference. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

You say new headphones..
and therefore, with speakers connected in the planned location, does it work?
another helmet in the planned ports does it work?

"Ive tried using both audio jacks in the back and front "

Front I/O ports

•  2 Headphone/microphone combo jack  ✔️
  • 3  Microphone jack ☑️

Back I/O ports

(3) Audio ports (line-in/line-out/microphone) ☑️

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

No, I plugged both my old and new pair into the audio jacks, front and back. With the audio/microphone splitter and everything. It doesnt output any sound through them at all. But on the headset volume itself its playing the white noise as if you have them turned up too high. Which tells me it isnt the headphones.

HP Recommended

You said, got a new headset, and it didn't work
I thought I understood, therefore, that it had worked before, this is not the case then?

OMEN 30L GT13-0014 Desktop PC Product Specifications

from what i read on the product page you have a headphone/microphone combo port
this one must be used if you have the combo helmet with a special plug only..
rear ports, should not be used
as well as the front microphone port, which should be just a microphone input, not an audio output

what I just wanted to know is if you have another headset, which works, tested before
possibly, to check that it is well with the computer, the problem, if you could test this helmet in another computer
and what exactly is this helmet, link, it may help
see this

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4315149-4208232-16

update audio driver

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-desktop-pc-30l-gt13-0000a/33802663/model/34128...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.